Temporary move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Our house has an ant problem so we are having it sprayed. The exterminator said that all people and pets need to be out of the building for at least 8 hours. Our beardie, Calcifer, will need to be out of the house for a whole day! Our dilemma is that he lives in a big heavy glass tank with thick tiles and otherwise hard to move items. Any ideas for temporary housing for him? Much appreciated :blob5: thanks!

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
Get a pet carrier or duffel bag w/ paper towels in the bottom. Get a temporary clamp heat lamp if its chilly. If its warm, take him out in the sun! Just make sure to cover up his viv so no poison can get in! :D You can get a small plastic pool if you want. Take a few basking spots, and bring him out in the pool to bask where ever your going. Hope this helped! :blob5:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, a day is no big deal. Just seal up the tank well with some plastic beforehand. A duffel bag works well as a carrier and natural sunlight works well for a lamp replacement (although if you can bring a heat clamp lamp that's fine for a few days on it's own). If you're going to another house you can bring a rubbermaid tote with a few pieces of furniture and just put the clamp lamp over that and it'll be fine. I've used that kind of setup for several days while traveling without any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom