Tempered Glass??

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXxZeusxXx

Good evening all,

My young beardie is currently in a 10 gallon tank and I know I quickly need to find something bigger. I've been looking at a 40 gallon long 36 (l) x 18 (w) x 13 (h) for $68 as an intermediate tank for him and although I think this a fair price, cheaper is always good.

I have a I have a 29 or 30 gallon tall I used to keep my rat snake in and was wondering if anyone would happen to know if the glass was tempered or not. I'd like to cut the tank down to 12-13 inches for the ease of heating it. The tank was passed to me from a friend a few years ago but, the tank appears to be older. I believe it's made by All Glass Aquarium and the only marking on the tank are on a small white paper tag on the bottom and say "Gene" "AGA 97." I believe AGA was taken over or name changed to Aqueon and have tried contact them with no luck. So again, would anyone know if this tank was tempered or a way of finding out without rendering the tank worthless?

Thank you,

Zak

xXxZeusxXx

Original Poster
Recieved a response from Aqueon saying that it was not tempered. So I picked up a glass cutter from depot and despite my experience of wood and metal work, engineering knowledge, and my general handiness, I cracked the first side I attempted. 40 Gallon long it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom