Temp Concerns for Winter Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRoss

Angus has discovered his love for windows.. He is obsessed with looking at the snow!
When I move him away he is very quick to hop right back up there.

I'm wondering, since I live in Eastern Canada and it's the dead of winter.. How long is too long next to a drafty window with ice on the other side, or should I try to avoid it altogether? He just loves it so much. I know he's getting cold over there but it's like beardie-crack. I swear he's dreaming about it in his sleep.

Any info would be very appreciated :)

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Maybe you could try putting a towel or something at the bottom of the window(on the sill).To keep some of the draft out. Maybe even wrap your beardie up in a small blanket. Let him spend a short amount of time looking out the window. Then put him in his viv under basking light to warm up.
I don't know how cold your window sill is though,just use your best judgement.

Dawn

LRoss

Original Poster
I guess I will try the towel trick.. It gets to be about -40 at the worst here, but on a good day it's -10.
I'm just going to try to block off the windows until I know for sure.

Thanks for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom