Telling Age by length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
Hey, guys, any experienced beardie owners who would know how old my dragon is? I'd like to know so that I can figure out pueberty, egg laying, when she can eat supers, etc. So.... let's see....

She is around 13 inches from the tip of her nose to the tip of her tail, 7 inches from the tip of her nose to the base of her tail. I don't know which one matters when trying to tell age. After reading other blogs about birthdays, it sounds like Evalyn's around 6 months. Can anyone verify?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I have to agree with Jeff it would only be a guesstamation............here's my guesstamation chart below. I posted this in a simaliar thread. This is only the Average in My house. :wink:

Re: Growth Chart
by fresnowitte on Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:10 pm

I agree it's pretty impossible. As so many things determine growth in beardies. Gene make-up, husbandry, diet, an I'm even starting to think that when eggs are being pushed thru and filled by the female the placement of where it's position in line can affect as well. Toward the end of stuffing eggs she your female may run low on certain nutrients or hormones leaving some of the last eggs filled short on the nutrient sack. The last part is only my opinion from some of my own experiences.

But on an average if baby comes from healthy average to healthy large beardie parents.........
Then if under proper care an is a healthy baby should grow (heavy emphasis on average) an average of 2 inches per month for the first 6 months.

So if under proper care and diet an is healthy and hatched at say 4 inches in length......
At 1 month should be an average of 6 inches...
At 2 months should be an average of 8 inches...
At 3 months should be an average of 10 inches...
At 4 months should be an average of 12 inches...
At 5 months should be an average of 14 inches...
At 6 months should be an average of 16 inches...
At this time growth for most beardies will slow down a bit but will continue to grow in length till 12 months or better.
After 12 months or so they may not grow in length anymore but will continue to put on weight.

I'm not writing this in stone this is just what my records, in my house, with my beardies reflects. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom