Tank Upgrade ?s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landlsmom

Hello everyone... We have upgraded our little Mushu's viv from 10g to a 40g. I've closed off 1/2 of it with some shoe boxes so's that it's not overwhelming her and also to help with munching down on some crickets. My temperatures seemed much easier to regulate with the 10g. I've had to rig the hood to hang down low enough so that she can absorb the proper amount of UVB. Using the Reptisun 10.0 UVB bulb. It looks like it's low enough. After about an hour I checked the basking temp which was in the low 80's. Given this was done late last night and I'm at work currently you'll see my temporary lift system to reach proper basking temperatures. :lol: This being why I had to improvise and lift the branch. Then reaching a temp of 95. This tank has a Humidity and temperature gauge in it. The current humidity level is at 40 and the overall temp is around 72. My 2nd question is the UVB hood position. You'll notice Mushu is below her basking lamp. The hood lamp is towards the back. I thought this was ok however In further research I've seen where it's angled to point directly towards the beardie. It will be 2 weeks this coming Sat the 26th that we've had her. I'm not sure if shes M or F or how old she is. She's about 5" long I believe...

So my questions are:
1. My UVB position. Is it ok how I have it?

2. I'm having a hard time getting my overall viv temp higher than the low 70's. Is this ok or should I get a Reptile Heat Lamp 100W with One Digital Thermometer, Infrared Ceramic Heating Non-light Lamps Emitter 110V? With this do I still need a basking bulb? Im not currently using the 2 ceramic dome set. I do have it in case.. I'm only using the hood w/reptisun 10.0 UVB bulb AND the ceramic dome with the basking bulb. Should I upgrade the basking light dome to the double dome and put the basking bulb in one of the double domes and the CHE in the other??

3. Can I open up the rest of the tank? How long should I wait? Last ? When do they go through their first shedding? Mushu has been super irritated. She didn't eat any breakfast and only 3, 4 crickets this afternoon. She has never ate 10+ at any feeding. I'm lucky to get her to eat 3 to 4 per feeding. She isn't interested in greens either. UGH stubborn just like the rest of our family. LOL She fits right in.

Upgraded to 40gal

102888-7233218215.jpg
102888-8642232203.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
97951-4006794482.jpg
This is Hiccup in his tank almost a year ago-- he was 3 months old--
97951-1112913592.jpg
This is Hiccup today- the tank I put him in was a 50 gallon when I brought him home- I think Mushu would be fine opening up the whole thing-- I had a 100 watt basking bulb Exo Terro in the tank along w/a seperate UVB which was a Reptisun 10.0 T8 -- and a CHE 100 watt for winter-- Hiccup has been upgraded to a 120 gallon tank w/ the same basking bulb but different UVB - an Arcadia 10.0 T5-
97951-2715037363.jpg
- I had to move the UVB from the center of the tank cuz he wasnt sitting under it so I moved the emitter to the center of the tank and put the UVB on the left side of tank in front of the basking bulb- he now sits under it on his fake log--

Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom