new guy trying to get ready to own a dragon
so the question i have for the community is tank size
i have been looking at a couple different tanks
36x18x13
36x18x17
48x18x13
48x18x17

the prices are close enough so we can ignore that aspect
so the questions becomes how much space does a single full grown male dragon need?
I know more is better, and if i had unlimited space, i'd buy the 48x18x17 in a heartbeat if I could
so is the 48" paramount to successfully have a happy dragon? Or will he thrive and be happy in three feet of space?
also the height i wasnt sure of
how much upward space does a full grow male beardie need?
thanks

general consesus is that a 40 gal breeder (36x18x18) is the minimum for an adult beardie. that being said I'd say get the largest you can afford so of your choices i'd go with the 48x18. dunno about height, all i can see a use for height would be to adjust lighting heighth for temps and uvb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom