Tank Setup Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If your screen is a fine mesh it needs to go inside the tank--- 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor-- I have things to help you hang I can post later if you need them

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It looks like a wide hole have his basking decor directly underneath about 8-10 inches

SquiggleWolf

Original Poster
Wide hole mesh I take it? Tit says to keep it away from heat sources. So I don't want it too close to his heat lamp. There's also no way for me to put it that far away from it with where he likes to bask.

He always bask where he is in the pic. Though I suppose I could rearrange some. Probably have to buy him a new basking spot as well if I did though.

Havocsmommy

I’m not sure how to post a new post as I’m new to the forum thing but I just got a baby like 8 weeks old hypo and I’ve got him a nice set up but I’m not sure how to bring the humidity up on my warm side it stays at like 26% while my cool side is 52

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
Havocsmommy":hs9pjc6g said:
I’m not sure how to post a new post as I’m new to the forum thing but I just got a baby like 8 weeks old hypo and I’ve got him a nice set up but I’m not sure how to bring the humidity up on my warm side it stays at like 26% while my cool side is 52

Click on the section of the forum you want to post in, and then click on "new topic" on the top left.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Just set up a different basking area-- I have 2 in my tank the UVB sits middle front of tank w/ a regular household bulb 60 watt keeps temps in the 90's -- and the other hot side is ranges from 93-107

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok you don't want the basking decor closer than 12 inches-- the bulb is too strong

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If your having to get him that high to get heat you need to get a higher wattage--- he will not bask under the UVB if the rays are too strong-

SquiggleWolf

Original Poster
I tried setting it up on the log in the middle. But he wasn't interested in using it. He likes his branch. So I don't want to take it from him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Then lay it down or different position- but you need to get the UVB properly distanced or its not going to do much good-- or set up another basking area like posted earlier-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom