Tank confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently, we have our baby beardie in a Zilla Critter Cage 30. We chose that over the 40, because the lengths were the same and being so small she did not need the extra 4" in height. Am I right to assume that "30" means 30 gallons and "40" means 40 gallons? Also, when we move her up to the next size viv, what are we looking for, optimally. I guess my confusion is the various methods of measuring. I hear "55 gallon" and I hear "48 inches". What exactly are we looking for in the herp industry?

bjvolk2

a 55 gallon is 48 inches long. Though a 55 gallon is not wide enough being on 13 inches. You are going to want a 40 gallon breeder or a 75 gallon, but you could always go bigger. Just make sure it is at least 3 feet long and 18 inches wide.

iNubs

Well ideally a full grown bearded dragon should have a minimum of a 40 gallon breeder tank. Most people go ahead and make their own enclosures. The usual size is 4x2x2 which is about a 120 gallon tank. There are various sites in which you can order different sized tanks in glass or acrylic. That site is http://www.glasscages.com

rachelnmelsmom

Original Poster
Thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for. Our current tank does measure 36 x 18 but we want to provide more than the minimum for this little gal. I wish this particular brand of tank came in large sizes. I will probably take these suggested measurements and see what our local pet store can order. This is a privately owned store that truly does an awesome job with their animals and I really believe strongly in supporting the local economy whenever I can. I do think it would be a super project for my family to custom build a viv but quite frankly I do not even know where to begin. Does anyone know of anyone that sells plans for anything like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom