Tank cleaning questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi how often do you have to clean the tank? I clean poo out and shed skin and clean his furniture but it's pretty smelly in there lately. Do you take out the substrate and put in all fresh? If so how often? What about the floor and walls and glass? What disinfectant to use? How often? Don't want Gizmo getting sick :|

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I do a thorough cleaning if it even slightly stinks. What are you using for substrate? I rinse and bake wood items in the oven at around 250 for 45 min or so along with the tile substrate I have. That works well for sanitizing it. I also spray the plastics and tank with F10SC disinfectant or run my steam cleaner through everything to sanitize it really well. I suggest having either a small steam cleaner or a spray bottle of F10SC for best results. I use a water/vinegar mixture for spot cleaning because it's good at getting stuck on bits free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom