tank build log! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric

Hatchling Member
Looks good man.

I have a question though.

Would putting his basking area in the airflow make it harder to keep his temps right?

I'm thinking of using a similar design when I build mine because I want to put a small planter with some herbs in there. Hypothetically say I built exactly like yours I would put the plants at the far right so they could get the direct airflow.

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
Awesome! After much work you finally achieved your goal....still puzzled on my tiles but eventually it will work out.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
i put holes by the basking place because it was getting WAY to hot in there and i have no idea about the herbs wouldent that raise the humidity?

thankyou all for your comments im so excited that it is finally done! :blob8:

Raejae22

Im thinking about doing this for my beardies,,, how are you going to work in the lights?...is it going to open fron the sides or are u going to lay it so the big square is the base and have it open from the top and put the lights there?...And what kind of wood are yall using???...my dad has scrap peices of wood in the garage big enough to use, and i was hoping that i could use it so i wouldnt have to buy wood too...ha ha, the many short cuts to saving money =)...also how r u going to support it? are u going to make it so that is is supported at the bottom by a table and towards the top have some sort of back to support it?...as u can see im still in the planning stages and ideas would be very apprieciated :D

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
my lights are all wired into an eletrical box with 2 switches for day and night and i used plywood of some kind

Raejae22

hey i was just wondering a few things, (im thinking about building one myself and also just making sure u guys thought of this stuff, cuz it would stink to have built it totaly and something be up with it)...Which way are u going to lay it? so the big side is the bottom or the side with the parallell floors as the bottom?..and if u lay it that way how are u going to position the heat lamps?...are u going to have something support the back if its stood up that way or put it against a wall?...Are u going to paint the inside or are u just sealing it to protect the beardies and the wood from damage with paint and sealer?...My dad has some wood in the garage, so would it be ok to just use any kind of wood or did u have to buy a specific kind?

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
well i painted the inside and sealed it because i liked how it looked white and also it keeps the wood from getting gross also i have an earthquake strap connecting it to the wall lol it isnt going anywhere lol.

Raejae22

Ha ha nice,...well sorry i put that twice, i thought that when my computer froze up that it didnt go through, well thanks, and it looks really good so far =)

Bradleyv1714

Hatchling Member
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

That is Beautiful and Amazing! Wow! is all I can say! you did an extremely amazing job!

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
:oops: thank you all for your amazing comments its been such a fun project and its even better that i made it myself with the help of my wounderful dad :mrgreen: it came out so much better than i thought it would and now that all the hard work is done i have the pleasure of decorating the inside

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
I took the lights and hooked them to my vents. And then I wired the uvb with craft wire to the top of the cage, drilled two holes in the back of mine and violia! Its not the best but it works. I am still trying to figure it out. But I love your cage a lot its really awesome if I decide to build another one I will try and mimic your idea haha.

Here is mine all moved in and set up. I swear my mom changes the inside everyday.

3d4b12f6.jpg

85ff9ab0.jpg

One side

35d59cfd.jpg

The other side

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
that looks great and i know what you meen im constantly moving things and adding new things :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zaynah
Top Bottom