Tank buddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rescued 2 beardies last September, a female and a male. Long story short the female was given to a friend to prevent any(more) injuries to the male. Now that the females gone, the male, Petrie, isnt eating or being as active as he was with his woman around. I know some animals just dont get attached to their mates or tank buddy, but after numerous vitamins and vet visits we still cant figure out why Petrie is so blah...
I was wondering if he might need a tank buddy to keep him occupied?
What are your thoughts on this and what would be an appropriate age for Petries tank buddy?

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
You know anytime you have 2 together your taking a risk. Something I do with my dragon when he seems to be blah is I'll take him out and let him roam the house a while. This usually stimulates him into being more active. Also sometimes I'll rearrange his viv and he will explore things.

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
I have to agree with all of the above. A reason for Pierres behavior though, might be that being around a female will stimulate a beardie(gets him excited and such) without the constant stimuli, its no wonder he's calmed down a little.

Im no expert, but that could be why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncook
Top Bottom