Tales of Thresh and Fizz *Update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

So Deb was amazing today and came over and helped me pick out the new baby for the family. Except he isn't so much of a baby. And he may also may not be a he. :lol: He's from the same clutch as Baron was from, so his birthday is March 10th! And holy moly what a healthy juvie.

Even though he is a bit small at 12 inches, he can eat. Let me tell you, he can eat. Deb got pictures of him eating when I first gave him food 5 minutes after him being in the tank. 2 bowls of roaches later and a bowl and a half of baby bok choi and he seemed content. SO. PICTURES. I only got 3 before my camera died. :(

SAM_0286_zps317c2bb4.jpg

SAM_0287_zps523d934c.jpg

SAM_0288_zps4cd3629a.jpg

The last two are kind of crappy...But the camera was making angry red flashes at me and I was trying to get some.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well, worms are not in transit(as they should be). Today marks the 3rd business day, and I paid for 2-3 days for delivery. So I think I can get my money back through that(and Reptiworms as well, so none of us lose money). I might call Canada Post and find out what the hell is going on and why it isn't on it's way yet, as it should be.

On another note, I woke up this morning to SHED. LOTS OF SHED. EVERYWHERE. LOOK AT THE PRETTY GIRL

In her bath to get the shed off her spikes.
SAM_0621_zpsab2a17e6.jpg

A semi-decent picture of her colours
SAM_0622_zpsb92263b1.jpg

Mum says I'm pretty, but I already knew that
SAM_0623_zpsb34829c7.jpg

SAM_0628_zpsaec40cfd.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, what a pretty girl, her colours are really popping with this new shed. I knew it was going to pop any time now. Thanks for the pics and yes, I'd call Canada Post tracking to find out what is going on, those should have been sent out on Friday, for pete's sake. I won't be able to check out your thread until I get home, Good luck that the worms gets delivered today!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well they went through Customs finally late Friday night, but there should have been some update this morning. I'll call and find out where it is exactly. :| Oh well.

But Thresh is so pretty. :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She really is and she's just going to get more beautiful with every shed...good luck with Canada Post!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So I just talked to them.

The item IS with customs, as I thought.
Which means it took 2 FREAKING DAYS for them to get it from California to Canada.
IT'S A 12 HOUR DRIVE COME ON.

I already sent an email to Kellon saying I wanted my money back. Even WITH customs, it would take more then 3 days to get to me at this point.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Agreed. Next time I'll have them put the scientific name of the worms, along with the common name on the package for Customs. Might be why it had to go to inspections instead of being sent right through, as they need to make sure it is what they say they are.

Either way I'm grumpy about it.

babyheartthrob

Hatchling Member
I just got caught up on Thresh. Gosh she's beautiful. Just love her colors :D

I can understand your frustration with the worm situation. Even getting these things shipped in the states is a pain. I had an order of dubia's on the postal truck (the lady scanned them as delivered on a Saturday, no one is at my office on the weekends so they hold our mail till Monday :? ) I got that one in trouble with her Postmaster (she lied to him about having delivered them while I was at the Post Office :lol: ). She don't like me too much anymore, but I don't care. It was $200 worth of bugs that thankfully survived (God help her if she would realize what was in my packages, one day I will catch her and show her :twisted: )

Sabrina :wink:

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks Sabrina!

I think the worms will arrive alive, as Deb said they are very hardy, but I really wanted them today so I could confidently place a reseller order and get that shipped out ASAP. I already have 2-3 people wanting 1,000 count worms, which is 80-120 dollars back to me. I said I would have them at the end of this week, so I may need to sell out of my personal stock and then replenish it when I get my reseller supply in. -sigh-.

I think from now on, if I place an order it will need to be processed Friday and shipped out Monday, giving it a full 5 business days to get here(As I think that is all it really needs if everything is properly labelled). I may also spend a bit more on shipping and go with someone like UPS, or Canpar if we can get it worked out properly.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So I measured Thresh tonight. Compared to the sharp 3.5 inches she measured up in last Monday, she is a firm 14 inches today! Half an inch in a week! You go little girl!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You really need to talk to the bug person to get the labelling right, it's not fair to the worms or to you that it has to go through an inspection (that's what they have xrays for!!!) and take so long to get to you. So ordering on Friday and getting it shipped out on Monday, should not take more than 3 days to get to you. After all, they are legal to be shipping over the border, as you spent a lot of time checking that out! Good luck, keep us posted!

Way to go Thresh, you are just a growing away there, good for you Jolene for taking such good care of her!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks Deb. :) I'm so proud of her, a full inch in the just over 3 weeks I've had her. And half an inch in the past week, and a full QUARTER in the past 2-3 days!

I agree. I'll talk to Kellon and make sure everything is labelled properly next time. It was their first time shipping to Canada, so some slack, but I want the 60 dollars for shipping back, especially since I only have 5-6 horns left and need to go get more soon.

I think Customs is also doing it to make sure it's what they claim it is, because I know some people would try to ship Dubai over the boarder, and still do. So they need to make sure it's not illegal insect, but I do not think it will happen again, or as often after the first few times.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Still no update from wormies. I'm out of horns, and since I have to plan for the worms to arrive alive, I needed to go baby food/CC route. Hopefully it will only be for a day, not even. She got a little bit tonight and I am actually ashamed to have to resort to this. :(

But anyways. Here is the beauty. Her tail is going into preshed, and her back legs as well.

I have been taking her out in the living room lately. She loves the laptop, and the back of the couch, and the arm of the couch, and the top of my head, and me. Pretty much in order. Benjamin won't come near when she's out. He did once or twice, and I gave him a look right in the eyes and hissed and he learned from that.

She also discovered her hammock today! I caught her lying on it, for the first time.

So pictures!

SAM_0655_zpsfb65f697.jpg

SAM_0671_zpsd2079bf5.jpg

SAM_0643_zps0a8c390b.jpg

SAM_0666_zps6dcab7d1.jpg

SAM_0675_zps513b808a.jpg

CherylLynn

Hatchling Member
I hope the worms get to you quickly, and alive. I'm sorry you have had so much trouble. Thresh looks so pretty after her shed. Exciting that she's shedding more. Thanos just finished her big shed, I have pics up on her thread, they're awesome. Silly girl used me as a scratching post to scrape her back off!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
:lol: I noticed Thresh starting the night before she shed and I was cuddling with her and found a bunch of loose skin on my shirt. Parts were already peeling on her back, and when I was petting her it didn't help, so she went back in to her viv for peace.

And thanks...I hope they arrive alive too. I've had a friend say they held art books in customs for 2 weeks. Which like, that sucks...but at least she doesn't have to worry about them sustaining an animal, or arriving alive or dead you know? So it's a bit frustrating in that sense. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom