Tail-wagging/lashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
I saw a new behavior today from my beardie. I put him in his tub and started running water for his bath. He turned around to face the faucet and started whipping his tail back and forth and then he held it up in the air like a scorpion. What the heck was this? He's never acted this way in a bath before. Now he's just laying in there calmly like he always does...

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds like he was excited to be taking a bath. I have one that swims like an alligator and jerks his tail back & forth showing off. When their tails are curled up like a scorpion, it means they are happy.

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Aww! Well that's good then. I'll admit I might have gone a little longer than usual without giving him a bath, so that would make sense. He likes to flatten out and lower his head in the water and just lay there for as long as I let him. If I could keep the water from getting cold, he'd probably be content to sit in his bath for hours.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Des does this scorpion stance when he is eating sometimes, his new thing though is to run up, then go flat and slowly get closer to the crickets. When Ifrit and Seka get annoyed (so to speak) they jerk their tails slightly, it is interesting but, I have never been able to film it yet. I would agree though sounds like he got excited. Dragons seem to show a few different emotions through their tail movements.
:D

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardednoob":2sqwfnkw said:
Des does this scorpion stance when he is eating sometimes, his new thing though is to run up, then go flat and slowly get closer to the crickets.

Vash does something like this... He stalks them, and he'll only move while they're moving. It's hilarious to watch. He'll notice a cricket and just tilt his head slightly so it's in his sight, then he'll only move when it moves until he gets close enough to strike.

Also, the only other times I've seen him do the "scorpion tail" thing is when I let him run around on the floor. He'll run, then stop and sit with his tail up in the air.

Meginsanity

Hatchling Member
Haha, yeah, Loki does the scorpion tail thing when he's feeding too. Was there still water coming out of the faucet? Maybe he saw movement and went into 'strike mode' :)

xebo

Eddie curls his tail up when we touch it, like if you stroke down his back and reach the tail he lifts it up and looks at me with a happy doe-eyed look.

I love it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom