Tail Swollen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stygma

The base of my Dragon's tail looks buldged and swollen. The skin from the base of the tail to the tip is pale like she's going to shed. Its been a long time since her last shed, so its not impossible. I'm just worried as to the buldge in the tail. It doesn't seem to cause her any pain when I touch it, and she's acting normal.

Any ideas?

Stygma

Original Poster
IMG_0859.jpg

You can see the buldge just where the tail starts to go pale.

brunoboy

Your beardie is okay. That 'bulge' is actually a normal place for beardies to store fat. Is he/she eating ok?

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
That looks like just a normal tail. :D They do have a fat pads at the base of the tail. I could not see swelling. With the tail shedding, that is telling me it's growing maybe not longer but wider also. Like the previous poster asked, is she eating okay?

Stygma

Original Poster
The same as usual, really. That picture is kind of crappy. If it were fat stores, what would make it appear overnight? The day before I noticed it, her looked normal. Less than 24 hours and it looks all fat and swollen.

brunoboy

As long as she is eating ok and doesn't show any unusual signs----like being very lethargic----I'd say, don't worry about it. I can't think of anything else it could be other then fat storage. What are you feeding her and how often do you feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom