Tail shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rytoledo

Hello all!

I have a quick question about shedding. I’ve noticed Remi getting ready for a tail shed a bout 2 weeks ago and now her arms and legs are following suit. About how long does it take for the tail to start shedding? I’ve also read a little about tail rot and how long would I have to wait to start worrying about tail rot.

Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Tail rot does not happen that often - if she has a injury or has been nipped by a tank mate then its possible - the tail will become brittle and black at the end and look dried out - sheds will turn different colors w/ getting dark or light or even a opaque looking color- post a pic of it and we can look at it
Karrie

rytoledo

Original Poster
I get that. It’s just been over 2 weeks since I’ve first noticed it. I just want to make sure I’m not missing anything when it comes to shedding. How long on average does it take for the shed to start peeling off?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sometimes it can take awhile -- just let it do its thing - for some reason tails can take awhile - when it starts getting the crackly real dry look then take a spray bottle spray take a soft baby toothbrush and brush it a lot of it will come off --- just dont pick or peel it off
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adhdogtraining
Top Bottom