tail rot ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinityy

um I’m not really sure if there’s any major signs or red flags that are shown when tail rot is occurring for your bearded dragon but I noticed that mango’s tail looks a bit darker today.

however - one, she is in the middle of shedding her body & head as I am typing this and she also just finished shedding her tail last night and then secondly, I heard that they sometimes turn their bodies dark out of stress , which would make sense because just this morning, construction started a few feet outside of my window so I can constantly hear the banging and hammering and drilling and feel the vibrations and shaking non stop. Like when I say non stop, I mean NON STOP - every few seconds the workers start back up being obnoxiously loud and it’s so loud that I can’t even do meetings and work in my room bc I either can’t hear my laptop or can’t concentrate :/ so I was thinking maybe she could just be stressed ?

but just to be safe, here is a picture of her tail
108964-654341556.jpg

trinityy

Original Poster
nevermind, I went over to take a more clear picture right now and her tail is extremely dark and now I’m concerned , is this tail rot ???
108964-9688887721.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Looks like its gonna shed again --- this is tail rot
And shes probably stressed from all the noise
Causes of tail rot are:
1. Injuries/trauma - caused by falls, or by any other bearded dragon.

2. Malnourished - make sure he has a balanced diet and he gets the nourishment he needs

How to identify tail rot:
1. Dried out - Decaying tail won't be able to retain moisture, check if it's dried out completely.

2. Very thin, brittle - Decaying tail won't be able to process nourishment, causing it to become more thin and brittle.

What to do after finding out it has a tail rot:
1. Go to a vet - very recommended
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Trinity, can you get a close up of it ? That pic is too far away. I wasn't sure if Karrie said it is tail rot because of how her first sentence was worded.

trinityy

Original Poster
108964-5056057605.jpg
here’s a closer picture

the stuff in her tank is her shed skin that I’m about to clean out but the construction noises have stopped and most of her shed has now come off & her tail has actually lightened up a lot so I believe that she was just stressed / going into shed again but still , if anything looks wrong , please tell me ! thank you

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Looks fine in that pic but a better view would be out in the open with no debris around .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom