Tail Rot or normal shedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jil

My son’s bearded dragon is a little over a year old. He is going through a major shedding. I’ve noticed that his tail, particularly the end, is significantly darker. Should I be worried about tail rot, or do you think this is normal due to shedding? There is no sign of trama to the tail. I will try to post photos as well. Thanks
100119-6518458244.jpg
100119-4650435974.jpg

My beardie did the same thing. His tail got really dark for no apparent reason, so I went and asked someone and they said as long as it is still striped that it should be okay. Gradually her tail has gotten lighter and back to normal. First picture is when it was dark (was darker but cant find a pic) and second is from a few days ago.
99545-6348547344.jpg
99545-9151062215.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom