Tail Paler than rest of body

Status
Not open for further replies.
about a week ago my bearded dragon Stitch shed. Well today i was looking at her new coloring and i saw that her tail was a lot paler than the rest of her body. it was dull grey while the rest of her was bright orange and browns. I was wondering if this has anything to do with her tail not shedding like the rest of her.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
When they are young they tend to shed more often so it's more uniform, but in general they shed in patches. A leg here, tail there that sort if thing. They aren't like snakes or some geckos where it all goes at once.

Quelaag

Hatchling Member
I assume it's normal since that's what my little guy does, haha. My little guy sheds head first, then later his tail will shed, and then his body/feet. It's so weird. He's shedding right now actually and it looks like his feet might shed along with his head and tail but his body hasn't dulled yet so this will be interesting.

But yeah, if your beardie appears dull in some areas, just give it a few days. It usually means that they're going to be shedding.

Jam

My little one sheds in sections as well and the tail is always the lightest. Meaning the shed appears to be thicker than the rest of the other parts shedding. I have watched him during the shedding and he makes all effort to get the shed off by dragging around his grapevine and the carpet. I got nervous at first shed because it didn't appear to me that his tail shed would come off and I thought he would be unable to poop, lol.

Do you give your beardie a bath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom