Tail ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
108680-7310031205.jpg
108680-9428058783.jpg

Hello!

I noticed my 5ish month old beardie has a small dark spot with a little wound on his tail. It isn’t oozing any fluid and he’s eating normally/fairly active. He also looks like he may be going in to another shed soon based on the waxy color starting on his tail/legs.

The last time they shed I didn’t know any better and pulled some shed off of his tail, but that was a few weeks ago and didn’t notice this area until now. It doesn’t seem to be bothering them.

Should I worry about this? Should I just leave it be, or put antibiotic ointment on? Is the dark spot worrisome?

Thanks,

An anxious new beardie mom

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The tail looks like it's shedding but the little crimped area in the middle looks like a wound. Good idea to put some antibiotic ointment or some raw honey on it and see if that helps heal it. Keep a close eye on that area and take regular photos so you can more easily compare.

Roseandbaum

Original Poster
CooperDragon":10uzbept said:
The tail looks like it's shedding but the little crimped area in the middle looks like a wound. Good idea to put some antibiotic ointment or some raw honey on it and see if that helps heal it. Keep a close eye on that area and take regular photos so you can more easily compare.

Thank you!! I applied some raw honey because I only have antibiotic ointment with pain relief and know not to use that. Morrison’s first appointment is this coming Wednesday and it doesn’t seem like an acute issue/isn’t acutely infected or painful so I’m planning to wait until then to have it looked at. In the mean time I’ll watch and keep clean!

Anything in particular I should look out for? And is the darker spot ok as long as it doesn’t spread?

Thank you!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Look out for further damage or injury spreading as the shed continues. It may just heal up and be OK but if the tail starts looking crimped or more damaged it may indicate a more urgent issue that warrants a vet visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom