Tail Nip

Status
Not open for further replies.

drstevo

Dear all,

I got a baby BD today and nipped her tail by mistake. She is 8 weeks old and i could kick myself. I got it caught when closing the box I got her in.
It is about 4mm from the very tip. Is there anything I can do to save it?

Kind regards,
Steve

drstevo

Original Poster
I'm wondering if anyone can give me any advice on a tail nip?
I treated with Betadine solution today- hours after it occurred.
Here are a few photos. The area is darker due to the solution.
This is her:

34yzdx0.jpg

351e4w7.jpg

ayo9qt.jpg

161kisw.jpg

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Stevo....I can't see it really well, but from those pics it doesn't look bad at all. You are already doing the right thing with the betadine, just keep that up for however long it looks bad. Keep an eye out for infection....it may just shrivel + fall off, but if it gets to looking reddish, you will need a vet. But for now, you're doing what needs to be done.

drstevo

Original Poster
AHBD":1rhbiaa5 said:
Hi Stevo....I can't see it really well, but from those pics it doesn't look bad at all. You are already doing the right thing with the betadine, just keep that up for however long it looks bad. Keep an eye out for infection....it may just shrivel + fall off, but if it gets to looking reddish, you will need a vet. But for now, you're doing what needs to be done.

In general, do you think it is possible for it to go back to normal?

vampy

Juvie Member
It's possible for it to go back to normal, it depends on the amount of trauma sustained. If the blood vessels remained undamaged enough to allow blood to circulate for it to heal, it will. It doesn't look that bad in the pics, so fingers crossed it'll heal up okay. It may end up with a teeny kink in the end if it does heal but the bone doesn't heal straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom