tail issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingeddrgn

Hatchling Member
Please help. I am wondering what causes the retained shed? I have to take my old dragon in tomorrow morning to get part of his tail amputated. He has already had some of it amputated. It has become necrotic and must be removed. I bath him daily as we don't have much for humidity here and I had been using neosporin on it too. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
My poor baby.... :cry: Please help so this dosen't happen again or to my other 2 dragons....

AMHaak

Juvie Member
I know you can buy a spray at your local pet store. It is called repti-shed. You can spray this on his tail when he is shedding, and it may help. I really do not know for sure how to prevent more of his tail from falling off. I just thought I would post, so that your thread would be bumped. I hope someone with more experience will be able to answer your question.

wingeddrgn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
2 of my dragons seem to have a hard time with the shedding of the end of the tail and all feet too..... :cry:

Jason is at the vet this morning to get the end of his tail amputated.....

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
ZOMG! Thats bad! Same problem happened to my Water Dragon. He didn't make it. I noticed it a little late though. Take good care of your pooper and it'll be fine.

You'll be in my thoughts

wingeddrgn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
update - heard from the vet and jason came thru the surgery fine and is awake. I can pick him up after work today... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom