Tail injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jshaw

Our 7month old dragons were out getting some exercise and one of them attacked the other! This has never happened before. No vets in our immediate area see reptiles. The closest is 70 miles away. I fully intend to call tomorrow and see if I can get him in asap. In the meantime does anyone have any suggestions?! I did a betadine soak and neosporin. Should I try to wrap it? Is there anything else I can do for him?
107942-1710859100.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You've done good so far. There isnt much more you can do

I'd be inclined to put some raw unpasteurized honey on it it has antimicrobial and wound healing properties.
Just make sure no loose insects are in the tank.

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Do you house them together? Dragons should never be house together-- if they are you need to separate them ASAP--- in mean time you can put some raw unpasteurized honey on the tail mix it w/ a little warm water and that will stop infection- do not leave or feed crickets in the tank - you need to feed him in a separate container- you will need to watch for infection going forward but since it's the very tip it may heal up- Tracie and ahbd can also give you some more advice---
Karrie

Jshaw

Original Poster
They are not housed together. They were just both out on the ground together. They have never gone at each other before. I know tail rot is something to look out for. I'm just worried the vet will say to just continue what I'm doing and not bring him in. A local vet is only taking emergency cases right now

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so that is good- start the honey w/ water and go from there-- infection is want we want to stop- and I would not put them out together any more :)
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Tail rot would only set in if infection is able to set in. Keep the wound clean, use the honey, and it should heal over.

-Brandon

Jshaw

Original Poster
You guys are seriously amazing. I've been panicking and searching everything possible thinking I'm not doing what I should be for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom