T8 light fixture???? what the crap.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

alyel

Juvie Member
so..im in the process of building my new vivs for our 3 dragons. I bought three fixtures and today i bought 3 10.0 reptisun UVB bulbs. looking at the online sheet(bought the bulbs from petmountain.com) it states that they are T8 bulbs. the fixtures i bought are T12...im told they will not work(crapper)....so in looking for cheap 24" T8 fixtures I can NOT find them anywhere!!! the only places ive seen them has been for under cabinet units costing $30 a shot!!!!

there has to be single 28" T8 fixtures somewhere....where do you guys buy them????

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
i bought one of the 24" blacklights at walmart for $10. remove the blacklight bulb and you have a perfect fixture :)

Mpike926

I just got an under the cabinet fixture which is t8 from walmart as well. It was around 10 dollars but it has a plastic bulb cover on it. YOu just pop that off and leave it off when you put in your reptisun bulb bc if it is left on it will absorb alot of uvb rays (bad thing). Just look on the back of the packaging and the last two numbers/letters will be T8

alyel

Juvie Member
Original Poster
picked up three under cabinet lights from wally-world for 9 bucks a pop! VERY HAPPY!!!! now i just gotta get them wired up and ill be GTG!

thanks alot guys, that just saved me a CRAP load of money and a huge headach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom