T Rex Active UV bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

warnisha

Juvie Member
So, I have seen this more than once and was wondering what the specs are on this bulb. It seems a bit more reasonably priced than the Reptisun (about $10 cheaper) but I was just curious as to how it stood in comparison. Definately wouldn't do anything to hurt the babies!!!!

FBradshaw

Juvie Member
If this is the T-Rex 50% bulb that has recently come out it is very bad for them, 5 times the needed UVB output, and has been known to cause conjuctivitis(not sure of the spelling). Caught early on it's not that big of a problem but can lead to permanent blindness.

warnisha

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Wow! Scary scary!!!!! This is why I ask these things!!! I personally don't think I will ever switch from the rwptisun because it has done so wonderfully for my two!!! But if there was something better priced that was good I could consider it!!!! Great to know thank you!!!

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
The Trex 50% bulb is not the same as the Trex Active. I use the Trex Active and have had nothing but great success with it. It is great for babies because it gives off the heat and UVB and since Babies bask 90% of the time, they get more UVB. I Recommend the Trex Active and I'm sure if you buy one, Drache would test it out for you. Agreed the Trex 50% is more of what a beardie would get sitting in the shade on a sunny day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom