symptoms of mbd???!!!???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone please quickly tell me the symptoms of mbd. My Bonni has not been herself the past 2 days. She has seemed lethargic and today she can barely move her back legs. She mostly has stayed in one place all day. Also, one eye seems to be closed almost all the time. Please let me know what you think.

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
Over biting jaw, seizures, and crooked tail.

What have you been feeding, and what substrate is your dragon on?

When was the last time she pooped.

Sounds like impaction.

beardedmama

Original Poster
She is on sifted playsand. I thought the same thing though. My husband said she pooped 2 days ago. How can I be sure? What can I do?

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
How old is she?

2 days can be bad if she is young nothing if old.

What are you feeding?

Give her a nice bath and massage her belly downwards not upwards till she poops.

beardedmama

Original Poster
She eats greens, apples, crickets, superworms, and mealworms. I just 2 minutes ago read that mealworms aren't good for beardies. Is this correct? Oh, she is 2 years.

beardedmama

Original Poster
We keep greens in her cage at all times. She gets mealworms in her salad in the morning and then she gets approximately 5 supers. Mid-day she gets as many crickets as she can eat within a few minutes and then again in the evening. Is it true that the mealworms are not good for beardies?

beardedmama

Original Poster
Ok we soaked her in a warm bath and she had a massive poop. The weird thing is that my husband thinks he found cricket eggs in the poop. Is that possible?

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
okay good thing on the bath and poop I doubt cricket eggs but it could be pin worms...

I recommend getting a fecal check done on your beardie http://www.herpvetconnection.com will help find a great herp vet near you.

I am worried with what you are feeding as you could be causing organ failure in your beardie.

I really don't want to sound like a a$$ but you are feeding your beardie way too much protein by the sounds of it at 2 years old.

At the age of one your beardies diet has to do a flip around. A young beardie must eat 80% meat 20% veggies when they turn a year it must be 20% meat and 80% veggies.

They should eat about 30-35 superworms a week OR 40-50 crickets a week that's it when it comes to proteins.

So really slow down right now with the protein.

What greens are you feeding?

Collard,mustard and turnip greens are really great for your beardie.

how is your beardie doing now?

beardedmama

Original Poster
I welcome advice so thank you. She is doing alot better now. Should I wait a certain amount of time to feed her and what should I feed her first. I will definately slow down on the protein,hey that will even save me a little $$ :wink: We feed collards, mustards, & turnips. She loves apples also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom