Sydney & Casanova 2/11/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
i know i havent posted about my babies lately. not only have i been busy with school but i lost 2 of my babies pretty close together :cry: Athena the little one that only had 2 legs started having seziures one day then passed away later that night. my vet said that she probly had a clot somewhere but he was just guessing. I just recently lost my Aurora, i had her tested for parasites before she started to brumate and when she started to come out of it i noticed blood in her stool and she went down hill from there aperently she got Hookworms from somewhere and they didnt catch it. they did too much damage and i had to put her out of her misery :cry: :cry: there was so much scar tissue she couldnt poo anymore and she was in so much pain.
Sydney seems to know she is gone he hasnt eatten and he seems so depressed.

Anyway here are some pictures of my two boys Casanova is a little pig he eats anything that moves but he seems to be a slow grower :|
008-38.jpg

006-35.jpg

005-39.jpg

004-40.jpg

002-38.jpg

009-31.jpg

010-28.jpg

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
I'm so sorry for your losses... I wish I could say something magical to make you feel better. Casanova has amazing color, he's going to grow in to a handsome dude! Thank you for sharing your pictures!

-Kaleen

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Sydney seems to be coming out of his funk he ate his salad this morning and his colors look better. here are some pictures from this morning
001-45.jpg

002-39.jpg

Casanova with his turtle buddy
003-44.jpg

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
You are not a bad Mommy by any means. I'm sure you did everything you could and more. Sometimes no matter how much we do it's out of our control and things end up the way they're meant to, even if it hurts. It will get better with time, and all of us are here for you during those tougher times.

-Kaleen

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
FranktheTank":etultusa said:
You are not a bad Mommy by any means. I'm sure you did everything you could and more. Sometimes no matter how much we do it's out of our control and things end up the way they're meant to, even if it hurts. It will get better with time, and all of us are here for you during those tougher times.

-Kaleen
:love5: aww thanks

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I came home from school and apperently Sydney found out how to open his door
018-27.jpg

he looks so proud of himself
017-24.jpg

and heres Casanova sitting on his log while i vaccume his tank
005-41.jpg

009-32.jpg

o hai der!
008-39.jpg

011-32.jpg

004-42.jpg

Ahh clean tank
012-32.jpg

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
YAY new shelf liner, where i was shopping for shelf liner stopped stocking non adhesive shelf liner and i finally found some. Sydney & Casanova didnt like the clean out lol they hate changes :roll:
Stink eye?
004-43.jpg

005-42.jpg

I so need to do more with Sydney's tank. i think im going to paint the walls and make some stuff for him to crawl on
001-46.jpg

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
I love Casanova's colors but Sydney's pattern! Sydney's got that teardrop pattern like Scarlet. Crazy that he got the door to his viv open. I really didn't think they could figure that out, but there it is. :lol: WOW and yes he does look proud. 8)

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
ShannyBeard":27a7klqd said:
I really didn't think they could figure that out, but there it is. :lol: WOW and yes he does look proud. 8)
I KNOW!! and i always check to make sure they are closed before i leave the house. hes very smart!

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
TASTIGER":arym35u1 said:
ShannyBeard":arym35u1 said:
I really didn't think they could figure that out, but there it is. :lol: WOW and yes he does look proud. 8)
I KNOW!! and i always check to make sure they are closed before i leave the house. hes very smart!

We leave both ends of Chief's slightly open because otherwise we would have very high humidity (gotta love Florida... :lol: ). He is on the ground floor so no worries on him falling if he escapes, and we have the place beardie proofed either way. I really don't think he can open his viv because it is pretty hard to open, but it is still very new. Maybe once it breaks in, who knows! :shock: We may have a proud boy ourselves one day. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom