Swollen toe (looks pink-ish)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Good to hear that the toe will probably be fine, and even if it falls off they adapt with no problem. Can you post a full body pic of the dragon ? I can't imagine that it's a subspecies.....they are extremely rare. There are no large subspecies in circulation [ bred + sold ] in the U.S.

asherology

Original Poster
He's been on his meds for a few days and it has not gotten any worse. I don't know if it looks better nessecarily but it hasn't been getting any bigger or harder. If it falls off, I don't think it's a big deal. He was missing 3 nails when I got him and one toe is a bit deformed. (must have broken and then healed odd. He still gets around fine.) Also, I am pretty sure the vet was just confused. She said, "You must keep the temperatures below 95 or at 95 exact for him at his basking spot. He's a subspecies. [This is where I looked confused and she responded to my facial expressions] You didn't know that? He's much lighter and his size is not proportionate to his age. Also, his face looks a bit slim. My girlfriend has a Lawsons that looks just like him. He is still healthy, so it isn't anything to worry about." I mean, he looks like a vitticeps to me so I highly doubt she was saying the truth. She probably just meant that he looks a bit weird and has a tint of a lighter color. I'm gonna go with genetics.
IMG_7671.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Nice looking little beardie. :) And it looks nothing like a Rankin's or Lawson's dragon. Google it and you'll see.

asherology

Original Poster
AHBD":338ojblh said:
Nice looking little beardie. :) And it looks nothing like a Rankin's or Lawson's dragon. Google it and you'll see.
Yeah, I already know. That's why I said he looks like a vitticeps and that's what I was explaining in the bottom portion of the paragraph. :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's not a real vote of confidence for the vet if she comes up with info like that. I wonder if her friend was told by someone that she has a Lawson's when it, too is really a regular vitticeps beardie.

asherology

Original Poster
AHBD":1imzyunu said:
It's not a real vote of confidence for the vet if she comes up with info like that. I wonder if her friend was told by someone that she has a Lawson's when it, too is really a regular vitticeps beardie.
That's why I was confused. She said 95 at MOST but I was told here that it is okay to got a bit over. I'm glad he's just a vitticeps, though. I feel like having a subspecies would have an overriding value in terms of currency instead of highlighting the bond I have with him. Just my opinion.

Skipper7

Juvie Member
I'm sure you'd love him anyway!! And I agree with AHBD... maybe you should look into another vet. It concerns me that he/she couldn't identify the most common beardie species in America... also the reasoning for it. He would be smaller if he were a Rankins.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Definitely, a Rankins would be much smaller than your dragon is. :D
How is the toe doing today?
The basking temperatures should be a bit higher than 90, so not sure why the vet thought it should be that low.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

asherology

Original Poster
It's been a while. Here's an update: we found a new vet a while ago and got some meds. Didn't change much so they offered another dose. Nothing. Maybe it isn't infected? We come in for blood works and those came up perfectly fine. The vet feels that either there is a deformation in his toe or it's an injury. However, it seems to have spread to two other toes. (or, those toes got more swollen from an already existing issue.) He had been attacked before I got him and lost three claws, so maybe those injuries are now getting more swollen. I'm not so sure. She did mention gout but from observing his diet and enclosure, she feels it isn't likely. In sixth months (or earlier if it gets worse) we will do a radiograph. I am a little conflicted on how to feel. His blood is perfectly healthy, NO issues whatsoever. That's a relief. But, the cause of his toes is still unknown. I don't really mind if his toes get amputated. It will be for the best if that is the case. I don't pride myself in how "pretty" he looks, I love him all the same. I mean, I don't wish for that at all. However, he's my buddy and I will always do what's best.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
asherology":15fpjo64 said:
He's been on his meds for a few days and it has not gotten any worse. I don't know if it looks better nessecarily but it hasn't been getting any bigger or harder. If it falls off, I don't think it's a big deal. He was missing 3 nails when I got him and one toe is a bit deformed. (must have broken and then healed odd. He still gets around fine.) Also, I am pretty sure the vet was just confused. She said, "You must keep the temperatures below 95 or at 95 exact for him at his basking spot. He's a subspecies. [This is where I looked confused and she responded to my facial expressions] You didn't know that? He's much lighter and his size is not proportionate to his age. Also, his face looks a bit slim. My girlfriend has a Lawsons that looks just like him. He is still healthy, so it isn't anything to worry about." I mean, he looks like a vitticeps to me so I highly doubt she was saying the truth. She probably just meant that he looks a bit weird and has a tint of a lighter color. I'm gonna go with genetics.
IMG_7671.jpg
<<< he's definitely a central bearded dragon , see

2nvcvo1.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Skipper7":3he11idf said:
I'm sure you'd love him anyway!! And I agree with AHBD... maybe you should look into another vet. It concerns me that he/she couldn't identify the most common beardie species in America... also the reasoning for it. He would be smaller if he were a Rankins.
Clearly knows nothing about lizards, and couldn't even be bothered to look up the crown spikes and head shapes of different species of bearded dragons.

Heck would have taken only a minute or two to find it on this site even if he couldn't find it quickly on Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom