swollen jaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommy4302

My birdie seem to have a bump on one side of his jaw. This seems to be causing him not to eat. He will drink water, but that is all I can get him to take. He has had it for a couple of months. Although he doesn't seem to be in any distress, I am wondering if this could be something serious.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you post a photo of him and the lump? It's possible there is an infection or swelling due to irritation. If he isn't eating then it's likely bothering him. Are you able to look into his mouth and see if there is any irritation or wound that may be causing the problem?

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved from Website Comments to Health]

As asked by CooperDragon, a photo of what the lump on your beardie looks like would help in how serious it is.

If he is not willing to eat, I would have to say that it's growing from the inside out, as opposed to being on the surface of the scales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom