Swollen eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delshara

Hatchling Member
We bought what turned out to be one of the bad Megarays at the beginning of January - one of the bulbs with frosting on the surface of it - and promptly got a replacement from ReptileUV that looked fine with no frosting. Nero was under the first bad bulb for only a day. Then we got the replacement and I burned it in for 48 hours, then put it in his lamp. He was under this replacement bulb from last Wednesday up until yesterday. Well, we noticed yesterday that he was keeping both eyes closed quite a lot. I've taken out this second bulb and put in a basking bulb right now and his eyes are open more often but I think it still hurts.

Pictures are attached, from a camera phone - they're not the best quality. I have better ones on a digital camera, but no one can find the wire for it.

Photo0335.jpg

Photo0336.jpg

See what looks like to be a slightly baggy eyelid underneath the eyes? You can't see the bags when they're open, though.

With eyes open:
Photo0334.jpg

Photo0332.jpg

I don't know whether this was residual damage from the first bulb (though he was only under it for 24 hours) or the second bulb. I've already emailed ReptileUV about the second bulb. Anyhow, could you see whether his eyes really are puffy or if I'm imagining it?

Also, could you recommend a specific brand of saline eye wash? I know you can't get the ones for contact lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom