Swollen arm and sores on hand? *HELP* PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
I noticed the other day that Ollie had these 2 red bumps on his hand. If he were fed crickets, I would swear they were cricket bites. I noticed these on Sunday, but didn't think much about it.

On Monday I noticed his arm was starting to get really swollen. Then today he is just holding it behind him, and dragging it as he walks. I have no clue what it is, or what happened to him? I don't know if it's a bite, or a burn, but it's the swelling that is making me nervous. Does swelling mean infection?

What can I do for this? Please help as he looks so uncomfortable.

Sores? Cuts?
003-3.jpg

This is how he sits with it:
004-2.jpg

I moved it forward to try to capture how swollen it is:
005-1.jpg

spike2012

My Bearded Dragon has the same thing going on but is not very sick I go to vets on Saturday and if u haven't heard a anything about this will let u know what they say I am extremly worried!

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
spike2012":1u0ki64n said:
My Bearded Dragon has the same thing going on but is not very sick I go to vets on Saturday and if u haven't heard a anything about this will let u know what they say I am extremly worried!
t
Really? That is so weird! I would love to hear what your vet has to say. I mean, I doubt it's broken, I just have no clue what is going on. Definitely keep me updated on what they say.

spike2012

I just brought mine to vet for this they said severe calcium defitionsy and dehydration unfortunatly to late for our Spike so he needed to be put down we only had him a week had he been to vet sooner he might have been able to survive! Please don't wait!

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I'm so sorry to hear about your spike. How old was he? There was nothing you could do for him?

Ollie is on liquid calcium and has been for 2 years. So I don't think that's it. He's on reptaid right now and lots of water to flush his system. Also giving him serrapeptase for the swelling.

Once again sorry about your Spike.

RockHound

Hatchling Member
Swelling means the area is getting flushed with blood. Have you considered the possibility of a break, or sprain of sorts? Refusal to use/move the arm could suggest that there has been some trauma. Were any of the viv decorations out of place? Could anything have fallen on it?

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
RockHound":3akqf1h4 said:
Swelling means the area is getting flushed with blood. Have you considered the possibility of a break, or sprain of sorts? Refusal to use/move the arm could suggest that there has been some trauma. Were any of the viv decorations out of place? Could anything have fallen on it?

He has been really hormonal like all males this time of year, and pacing back and forth. I did see him jump up on his Reptisun one day. So he could have done that and fell. I'm really not sure, as I didn't see him do anything. The swelling seems to have gone down a little bit, and he's starting to hold it forward a bit more. He is still limping on it.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh dear, poor Ollie. It almost looks like it got pinched between something. Good that the Serrapeptase seems to be helping, that is a good product. I think it would be a good idea getting his leg checked out. Please keep us updated on him Laura.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
diamc":2e2cpz5i said:
Oh dear, poor Ollie. It almost looks like it got pinched between something. Good that the Serrapeptase seems to be helping, that is a good product. I think it would be a good idea getting his leg checked out. Please keep us updated on him Laura.

I have a Cheryl care package right now that I am using for him. If it doesn't get better in the next couple days, I will definitely be calling the vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom