Switching to T5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some help-

Have a 36" long tank and want to switch to T5. Looked at several sites and fixtures.

SHould I go with a 24" or 36" fixture and are there fixtures that are specific to "Desert Set up"?

What length and Watt do you use for either. I now have a 10.0 18" T8 in a 20" fixture.

The T5 run 24W on Reptisun 10. And Zilla has 25UVB or 50 UVB. - what is the difference.

Being the T5 is more powerful I am leaning toward a 24" fixture but between Zilla, Arcadia and Reptisun I am still up in the air.

Thanks

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
22" is the way to go, offset to the basking side. Fixture (reflector or not) would depend on the distance away from the basking site.

I would get a reptisun or Arcadia, I've read that the zilla products may be lower quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom