Swallowed something

Zeus Crawford

Beardie name(s)
Zeus
Have an urgent question-
We are still syringe feeding Zeus because she isn’t eating solids yet (she just started eating a couple bites of mustard greens, but that’s it). Anyway, today with her feed, she chomped down on the end of the syringe and the tip of it broke off. I think it broke off in her mouth. We opened her mouth to try and see and possibly remove it, but we can’t see it. If she swallowed it, what should we do? Help!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Have an urgent question-
We are still syringe feeding Zeus because she isn’t eating solids yet (she just started eating a couple bites of mustard greens, but that’s it). Anyway, today with her feed, she chomped down on the end of the syringe and the tip of it broke off. I think it broke off in her mouth. We opened her mouth to try and see and possibly remove it, but we can’t see it. If she swallowed it, what should we do? Help!
If she swallowed it its gonna come out the other end --- is she behaving normally ? Black bearding? I have heard of dragons swallowing pennies

Zeus Crawford

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zeus
She’s acting totally normal so far…how long do you think it’ll be before she passes it? She usually only poops about once a week.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Was it glass or plastic 🤔 and hiw big was it?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

This is a very common occurrence! As stated most of the objects of that size usually are passed through pretty easily.
You can give soft foods such as sweet potato, squash & a couple of drops of olive or coconut oil for her a few times weekly. She adds should pass that through soon.

Tracie

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom