Swallowed something weird???

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 9 month old beardie Calcifer ate something strange off the floor today!! I looked away for one minute and then saw him chewing. Ive been trying to get it out of the back of his throat for the past few mintues with a q tip. It seemed like paper, it was flakey looking. but I think its down now :( is there any way I could help now? Is there a way to induce vomiting?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....if it was something like paper [ and non toxic ] then he will be fine. There are quite a few threads about dragons eating pieces of paper, strings, rubber bands, small rocks and even an entire sandwich bag. That one came out 3-4 weeks later [ and had a picture of it posted] with no harm done. Keep an eye on him, feed him as usual to keep his digestive tract moving along, and you can add e few drops of veg. oil every few days to keep him better lubricated to pass the paper but he will probably be fine. Of course if you see any signs of distress [ black beard, gaping , lethargy ] then you should get him to a vet but I highly doubt he'll have any trouble.

pogonavitticeps

Original Poster
Hello! Thanks for the advice. Yeah, Ive been researching and it seems that he will be fine. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom