swallowed sand

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
I'm so sorry for you loss.. But I do agree with beardie parents, I do not think the sand was the main cause.

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Well sorry its not like i have anyway of noing your a female. Also before a mod comes and sends whatever. If you got something else to say keep it in the PM got it. I said what i had to say its over you act like this was your foolish mistake and getting on my case about a mistake i done. Yes it could of turned out bad for my baby girl but am graceful nothing happened. Well i can tell you have seen the mistakes i done and with how stressful its been on me i been drinking jack daniels helps me calm down and mellow out even being on here and dealing with users like yourself. Later

mellu

Juvie Member
Have some tact. This dragon`s tank was not filled with sand, it had a small amount of sand in one area of it`s tank. Why? Because some beardies like to dig and are picky about where they sleep(I have a sand box in one of my beardies tank because she is a big time digger, does that make me a bad owner?). It doesn`t make someone a bad owner to appease their animal like this. She obviously cares very much about her animals very much so seriously, lay off. Your behaviour is shameful and even if her beardie did die because of some fault of her own(which he didn`t) you have no right to make her feel bad, losing her animal is bad enough. Condolences or GTFO.

I`m really sorry this happened but it`s like I said to Kitsune, sometimes if an animal is distressed for some reason they will do strange things(much like dogs eating grass so they can throw up.) It probably has nothing to do with the sand at all. Maybe he was in pain and stuck his head in the sand or gobbled some up, animals just sometimes do things like that when upset or in pain.

mellu

Juvie Member
Considering my animals don`t eat in their tanks, or eat dirt I will HAVE no problem. Don`t be so rude.

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Doesnt matter if he lays on any type of sand. Am not even trying to be rude what i have said should of been said may help the maker of this forum and i bit the dragon gets replaced with another. So am thinking am helping not being heartless or rude. But take it anyway you please thats cool.

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Yes it does if enough gets in them there immune systems i would say. Even you can see if a dragon is shedding and rubbing against everything can get in the nose holes. Am not saying i no everything but think sand is deadly even for a two foot long dragon. But use what you want repti carpet isnt safe cause nails get stuck in the carpet fibers but i use it. Tried of paper towels getting messed up in tank.

Just wanted to say I am sorry for your loss. I too admit to using sand, only for a few days but until I saw it stain my dragon within a day I was over it and took it out. After reading tons of info more in depth I just decided to use the carpet. I can see how the nails could get stuck but for now I'll take that risk. Don't feel guilty or bad. We all sometimes go ahead and do things even though it might not be the best and most of the time it doesn't do harm. I think something else might have been a culprit not just the sand. Even so, if it was, nothing was intentional and that's why they are called accidents. <3

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The comments on here are absolutely uncalled for & very inconsiderate. Please read the policy on rude behavior & personal attacks. I am locking this thread out of respect for the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom