Superworms + greens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saden99

Alright, so I wanted something that lasts a while since the crickets I get seem to die off way too quickly. Superworms are slightly more expensive, but they last longer (I had one that I thought were done with and I left them alone for several months...went back to clean the container and they were still alive!!). I know mealworms are no good because of the excess chitin, but are superworms good to feed along with greens (mostly greens as he is an adult).

littlegoron

Hatchling Member
I'd offer other things when you can just for variety, if you are able to/have access to them.
My only suggestion to you if you're going to use supers as a staple is to make sure you do use your calcium powder because they are high on phosphorous and can mess up the balance

I find Superworms and fresh greens work very well!
I raise supers and Dubia roaches. My dragons are large, long and healthy. I use Superworms as their main entree with roaches a close second choice! They get,...and love, Hornworms regularly enough! I dust their daily morning greens and summer yellow squash with supplemental powders! I used to buy 4000 crickets at a time. I spent more time tending to my flock of crickets than I did my reptiles???
When my dragons grew to over 16 inches the crickets were history!! That was a joyful day!!
There are quite a few beardie lovers/owners I know that exclusively feed Supers. A breeder friend, Charles at Tundra Dragons, only feeds supers and with great success!! It works well for my dragons and situation as well! I enjoy working with my reptiles each day,.....not so much wrangling thousands of crickets!!
Superworms and crickets both sell for 18.00 per 1000 at our local, regular animal expo every other week! Breeding supers is very easy! In 9 months time I was free of that expense forever!
Bless,
Bill

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Supers are an ok staple for an adult.

5-6 supers a day, and a healthy salad will be fine.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom