Superworms Daily?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our BD doesn't eat crickets as much as he used too. In fact, rarely. So I have switched to feeding him Superworms daily. He usually eats around 6-10 daily and dusted. What I am wondering is, is this healthy for him?

I am wondering if there is anything else, besides greens, that he can eat. He does not like Silkworms, he throws up when he eats them. And we don't get roaches up here in Canada so those are out.

Thank you for any help.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How big is your dragon? If he is big enough than that is fine, but I wouldn't dust them every day. If he seems to be putting on too much weight, you can always cut back some.
You can try hornworms if you want.

-Brandon

smokinall4s

Original Poster
Thor is 1yr old and he's average size. But I haven't measured him in awhile. As for the dusting. I dust his superworms 5 days (once a day) with calcium and 2 days with multi vit. I read that that was the way to dust them. But that was for crickets not supers.

Thanks for the info.

smokinall4s

Original Poster
Can you get Locusts up here in Ontario, Canada. That's the only thing being here in Ontario as I can't buy certain live food. But I'm going to try Thor with some crickets as it has been a few months since he's had them.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Superworms are fine as a staple.. I'm surprised that your 1 year old still eats them on a daily basis. At 1 year old, mine cut way back on feeders, and even my 10 month old doesn't want feeders everyday. He likes his greens more than feeders right now. Usually at a year old, they don't need calcium 5x a week. But when you are dusting, It's hard to tell how much calcium they actually get. I put both of mine on liquid calcium, and they get it 3x a week, but I think liquid calcium is more readily absorbed than powdered calcium, so 5x a week is ok with dusting. However if you were using liquid, I would definately say at 1 year old, 3x a week is fine.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I disagree, I think 5 times a week with dust is too much at that age. dust every other day and vitamins twice a week.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom