Supers from greatlakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
Has anyone bought superworms from greatlakeshornworms? I bought 2,000 of them and they arrived today. Granted they did sit on my porch for an hour before I brought them in (it's around 60 degrees outside) but they just seem very..... blah. A few were dead, squished in the packaging and so on, but the ones that are alive don't seem very active. I threw a couple baby carrots in with them when I went to class and I came home expecting to find them pretty well devoured, but they haven't been touched. When I opened the box, most of the worms were just lying in a pile on the bottom instead of clinging to the egg crate like I'd expect. I bought worms from reptilefood.com before and they were much more active than these ones.

Just wondering if anyone has had similar experience or if the hour on the porch might have screwed them up.

mickeysmomma

Sub-Adult Member
I had one bad experience with them, but they sent me a whole new order, free of charge. Just email them. They are SUPER nice ( hehehe, no pun intended)! I will continue to order from them, because of their promptness, and great service.

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Honda99300ex":9ee2ugn3 said:
What were the temps like? When they were sitting outside?

It was around 60-65 degrees outside... I found them at about 1:25 and the tracking info said they'd been delivered at 12:37. So it was less than an hour that they were sitting out. I thought they were being delivered through the USPS, not UPS, otherwise I would have been watching the tracking info... But the normal mail doesn't come until 3PM or later so, thinking they would be here with the normal mail, I didn't bother to check for them that early in the day.

Honda99300ex

Juvie Member
Those temps would deffinately slow them down a little, but inwould think nit too bad, and after they warmed up they'd be ok, but maybe not. I know your not supposed to refridgerate supers, but 60 isn't super cold. Have they livened up at all?

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Maybe a little bit. I'm gonna check on them tomorrow and hope they're doing better.

Honda99300ex

Juvie Member
Hopefully they liven up. I left a few hundred in the car once overnight, and it was in the winter, they looked dead the next morning when I remembered, but I put them on a heat pad and a couple hours later they were fine. So who knows, maybe you got some lazy supers haha

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I hope that's all it is, haha. Maybe I should set them in front of the heating vent for a little while, see if that improves their demeanor.

If you dont mind be asking how much did you pay for them to include shipping. I know the price ranges a bit on the site but I just wanted to know shipping i guess.

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I paid about $10 for 2-day shipping from greatlakeshornworm. It was about $30 for 2000 worms and then $10 for shipping. I was going to order them from reptilefood.com (ordered from them before and the worms were all in great shape) but I'm kind of low on money right now and greatlakes had better prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom