super worms

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, so I got my shipment of super worms today and I have a question about their betting/food substrate. I know you can buy bags of the stuff already put together which in retrospect I probably should have done but nevertheless I didn't. I picked up some organic wheat oat and meal stuff that several websites recommend for them. And of course I got carrots for their moisture and stuff in there too. My question is, the stuff that I got at the store isn't really in flakes, it's not near as fine as sand but it is nowhere near say the size of uncooked oatmeal or frosted flakes. In the future can I simply buy a box of oatmeal and a box of bran flakes as a substrate/food substance? If it makes any difference these are feeders for my bearded dragon. Thanks in advance for all your input.

Baby Gonzo

Original Poster
What about your water source for the worms? Everything I have read suggest that you put things like carrots, potatoes slices, and apple slices just on top of their bedding. And they say to change that every day. Is that critical or can you go like every other day? Also, should I also put in chunks of cricket quencher that the worms could use as well?

One thing that's good is that if I mess up, the insect Farm that I get these from is only like 40 minutes from my house and shipments get here the next day after ordering with just regular postage. And at $12.50 for 500 super worms I think I will be fine.

h0ndap0w3r

Sub-Adult Member
i tried water crystals, that didnt work so well, carrots work the best, i change them as needed, or as they eat them. every like 4days or so or when i get around to it. . . haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom