Super Worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a juvenile bearded dragon that is definitely not 16 inches yet, which I know is what people say a dragon should be before they eat super worms. Despite this, I have fed her superworms before and she seems to love them. I am just wondering why people say not to and if it would still be okay if I were to feed them to her a few times a week if and when I am out of roaches.

Thanks!

illuminis

Hatchling Member
It's not so much of if they like them or not. It's that they can pose an impaction risk to under sized dragons, due to a kink in their digestive track that does not straighten out until the above 15 to 16 inches in lenth. Mine isn't quite that big either but I feed smaller supers, watching as they are eaten. Only a few per feeding to reduce the chance of impaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom