Super Rexie!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where to begin.... It seems like the past 24 hours have been the longest hours of my life. So I have a female citrus tiger juvenile bearded dragon, about 10 inches long. I have proper husbandry and everything for my little Rexie. Here is the story.... So I am traveling with Rexie, actually am at the beach with her. I created a travel Viv. I bought a clear sterilite container exactly the size of my 20 gallon Viv at home. I cut out the top and put screen for her... Brought her cave, rocks, basking log, everything she needs. I packed about 200 Crix as well for the trip. So the ride was smooth on the way to the beach and little rexie was fine. I set her basking lamp up as well as her uvb lamp. Basking temps of 110 degrees were being reached with a cool side of course for my little rexie. Everything was going fine. I decided I wanted to take her outside to get some natural UV rays on the deck when I arrived so I did. I opened the cage up to look at her and she shot off my hand and was on my deck within half a second. Next thing I knew she jumped off of the deck which was 15 feet in the air!!!!! I freaked out and sprinted down the stairs trying to find her. The little thing was so fast and they are amazing hiders. I searched for hours and couldn't find her. I was truly upset but would not give up.

I tried as much as I could. I eventually took her cave outside and set it on the ground with a heat lamp above the cage overnight. I checked.... Nothing! I was losing hope but would not give up on her. So I went on with my day left the cave and everything. I came back from the beach and I noticed bearded dragon poo on the car port. So I knew she was close. I searched and searched...nothing. Well my dad was cooking on his grill which happened to be under the beach house and he noticed a head popping up behind the fence. Sure enough rexie climbed on a fence post and was just laying there. He told me he found her so I came downstairs. Finally I went to get her and she noticed my hand and crawled right into my hand!!!! I checked her limbs and no injuries were sustained. I put her in her Viv and set the lamps back up then fed her! She ate and everything. I was truly amazed that I found her and was so blessed rexie didn't leave me. Just thought I would share this success story. She survived a 15 foot drop and a whole 24 hours and didn't seem stressed at all. It truly was a miracle and I am glad she is back and safe. So she is now super rexie!!!!

KRayne

Hatchling Member
Oh my goodness!!! That is truly incredible :D I'm so glad your little Rexie is okay. When I read the 15 feet part my breath caught in my lungs and my heart stopped for a second. I can't imagine how that must've felt, witnessing that huge fall and then not finding her for 24 hrs. It is absolutely amazing that she is okay! :)

Rummy

Original Poster
It truly was amazing. I will not be holding her outside on the deck anymore that is for sure!!!! This just proves how sturdy animals bearded dragons really are. I mean if I jumped off the deck I would have broken a leg or something. It's amazing she is okay from that fall, granted she did fall in grass so that could have helped on impact but still!!!

KRayne

Hatchling Member
She is so cute! :D That little girly must have some angels hanging around :) Animals have proven to be amazing!

Rummy

Original Poster
Yeah! Definitely some angles looking after this little girl. Also is amazing how she stayed around the house and didn't stay off as I expected would happen. Literally right under the house. Needless to say she had a fun night out on the town, I think she is happy to be back with her owner who loves her hahaha.

KRayne

Hatchling Member
She's definitely had more adventure in one day than some beardies have in a life time :lol: And she certainly is one smart cookie, sticking around home like that. I'm glad she is happy to be back :D

Rummy

Original Poster
She isn't. I actually got her from petsmart and saw her there. Felt bad for her so I got her. Figured I would take care of her and save her from PetsMart! I think she is a tiger citrus.... Not exactly sure on what she is. What do you think? She has currently gone through a shed and is showing hints of an orange tint on her tail, legs, and face. Just so hard to tell with Persmart not giving that much detail. But I bought her when she was 2 months, about 7 1/2 inches. Now she is 10... Got her on the 4th of July.

KRayne

Hatchling Member
She definitely has some nice colouration and it looks like some tiger bar patterning. There are no real set colour names from what I've seen/heard but she does have some beautiful orange in her. Her scales look so smooth that's why I thought she was a leather back but maybe it's just because she is young and has smaller scales or maybe it's the camera. Nonetheless she is a gorgeous girl. :D

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
86309-6526046921.jpg
86309-1758795269.jpg

my Draconis has the same coloring only hes a leather. I have heard their pattern refered to as silk pattern, ie a silk scarf, some say they have tiger others call them other names that sound "fancier" do you have more recent pics of her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom