SUPER BLACK crickets. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButterflyGirl89

Hatchling Member
So I went to my usual cricket buying place recently (Danny's been getting tired of dubia) and the large were normal colored but the medium sized ones were VERY black. I wondered about this but bought some anyway. But now they're growing and staying super black. I'm looking at one right now specifically that is actually so black it's shiny and made me think "ninja cricket!".

Does anyone know anything about this/these???

casper31

Hatchling Member
I dont know who you purchased through, but Mulberry farms usually sends a mix of brown & black crickets. The black ones are bigger & grow bigger than the brown. Miss always enjoyed them more when she was into crickets. They crawl more like spider & the brown ones hop. The black were tougher shelled so they crunched more & kept her full longer. I know that in the past people said that the black crickets were more aggressive but i never had a problem with them. I always made sure to do a double sweep of the take each night before i turned her lights off...

JMDaniels

ButterflyGirl89":322232xu said:
So I went to my usual cricket buying place recently (Danny's been getting tired of dubia) and the large were normal colored but the medium sized ones were VERY black. I wondered about this but bought some anyway. But now they're growing and staying super black. I'm looking at one right now specifically that is actually so black it's shiny and made me think "ninja cricket!".

Does anyone know anything about this/these???

Sounds like it is just a different species...a type of black field cricket. They are fine to use...they do tend to be a bit more aggressive but not necessarily in a bad way..perhaps "assertive" is the better word to describe it. In my experience, the black crickets try a bit harder to escape and seem to be more street smart lol. This just makes it more fun for the beardie to chase though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom