Sunny 74 Chillin at the Pool ( with pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband was nervous about letting Scorch go out into the backyard on her leash, but she really enjoyed sitting at the poolside and basking in the warm grass outside. She was a little wary about the grass at first, but then she started to enjoy it rubbing herself and wriggling around in it like a snake. It was so nice that when we came back in and she went in her viv she was window dancing not at the front but at her window she can see the pool through. I think she was saying, "Hey, let me back out there, that was fun!"

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

She enjoyed it so much! I think I'll put a patch of the left over fake grass from the back yard in her viv.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ok first let me say that your beardie is adorable and just too cute :D .I do also have to say however that I am hating you right now as I sit and stare at the snow pouring out of the sky wondering how long its going to take to dig my car out in the morning :wink:

Menolly

Juvie Member
vickson420":c680b said:
Ok first let me say that your beardie is adorable and just too cute :D .I do also have to say however that I am hating you right now as I sit and stare at the snow pouring out of the sky wondering how long its going to take to dig my car out in the morning :wink:

Haha...I'm with you vickson...I just LOVE digging myself out after the plow man drives by. It almost seems some days he just has it out our side of the street...I think its time for a road trip :bikerwave:

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Oh that looks so lovely!!! Your baby is just beautiful! Looks like they are having such a good time!

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
vickson420 wrote:Ok first let me say that your beardie is adorable and just too cute :D .I do also have to say however that I am hating you right now as I sit and stare at the snow pouring out of the sky wondering how long its going to take to dig my car out in the morning :wink:
Let me tell you, that you might be jealous now, but I am sure that you will not be envious of me in a couple of months when it is 120* out here and you are enjoying a nice cool 80* during the summer. Every year at that time I wonder why I stay in this dry wasteland and wish I could escape to the beach somewhere! :roll:

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
What a cutie!
Its so lovely that you let him have a run outdoors.
I cant wait until I can take my boys out for the first time. Im in the UK so i'll have to wait at least 3 months!

Holly

VBergem

Hatchling Member
Awww! She's so sweet! I'm in AZ and it reached 87 degrees at my house today. Nice! But I couldn't agree more that we suffer for it in the summer. People on the east coast may not be able to take their beardie out right now, but I won't be able to take him out from June through August. Fake grass you say? Hmmm, I might have to get myself some.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yah, real grass out here just burns in the summer as I am sure it does out there. It is nearly impossible to keep it looking good cause we are only allowed to water 1 day a week in the winter so it just dries up then too. So I figured what's the point and put down a patch of really nice fake grass. It was spendy but it looks great all the time and doesn't need any water. I am sure during the summer I will not be able to put one toe on it but it sure looks nice. :lol:

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Well I will admit I would miss grass and the beach but we got 14 inches of snow last night so I still might be willing to give it up at this point :lol: I am sure however if it were June I might feel differently but right now 120F sounds like a dream :mrgreen:

VBergem

Hatchling Member
I see she's wearing a harness leash. Did she take well to it right away, or did it take some getting used to? How old was she when you started using it on her? My Draco would spread out her hands to prevent us from slipping it on her. We gave up.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Funny that you should ask that question. I actually posted a thread the first time I put the harness on her called "resistance is futile". So you can kind of guess how well it went the first time. She has been in the car several times and every time I put the leash on first. She seems to really enjoy that so now she doesn't give me as bad a time about it anymore as I think she is relating leash with new and fun adventures.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
right now 120F sounds like a dream
Yah, the grass is always greener on the other side right? I suppose there is no nirvana. Go to someplace like Florida where the weather is 80* all year long and put up with humidity and hurricanes. California also great weather but earthquakes. The winters are mild here in the desert although we did get our first snow day for the kids here since I moved here in '79. I thought they were insane making such a big deal about snow because I had just come from wearing a snow suit to go to school everyday. But then it snowed all day this year and I just sat and watched it in disbelief...the kids were out having real snowball fights. Woho you always want what you don't get. I can't say I miss the cold and I haven't seen a snow plow since we moved here from Nebraska. Still, it would be great to be a reverse snowbird and escape for the summer instead of the winter!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
VBergem":bbca6 said:
Awww! She's so sweet! I'm in AZ and it reached 87 degrees at my house today. Nice! But I couldn't agree more that we suffer for it in the summer. People on the east coast may not be able to take their beardie out right now, but I won't be able to take him out from June through August. Fake grass you say? Hmmm, I might have to get myself some.

I'm in AZ also, near the mexico border. I enjoy it here. The benefit of 90 to 100 temps in the summer is that it's a dry heat. I remember living in the quad city area of Iowa almost 30 years ago and the humidity was always higher than the heat, making it even more miserable than the heat we have here. Last summer wasn't that bad and was actually a cool summer, We really enjoyed that.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
When people say dry heat is better it makes me giggle a little. When I imagine a little breeze when it's over 100* outside the feeling of standing in a giant blow dryer comes to mind. It may not be as unpleasant as the oppressive feeling of humidity when it is hot, but the good thing about humidity is you don't dry up like a prune. Every June I go to a convention out here that people come from all over the world to attend, and I always hear them complaining that they feel dried up. Ugh, the amounts of lotion you have to apply not to have your skin crack! But yes, I would rather be a prune than live somewhere that I have to dig myself out of in the morning. I have very low blood pressure so I am always cold even here in the desert, so I probably wouldn't survive in the snow. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom