Sunning a beardie in a window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aajvell93

I haven't been able to find anything on google about this other than closed Windows which I know don't let UVB through. I have a window in my living room by the couch. So when the sun shines it it shines right on the couch where my Zeus likes to sit. Lately, it's been a little too hot for me to sit out with him (high 90's and no shade for me to sit. So on days like these I open that window and let him sit there. (I'm lucky with my apartment that even with the windows open on hot days it tends to stay pretty cool). So my question, if I let him sit in the window for extended periods of time, would he still be recieving a beneficial amount of UVB through the screen?

ofcourseilikepasta

Hatchling Member
Through the screen, a little. But definitely not through the glass. Direct sunlight without anything blocking it is always best, but I'm sure he'd enjoy the warmth of the sunshine :)

Aajvell93

Original Poster
ofcourseilikepasta":1y92x9pg said:
Through the screen, a little. But definitely not through the glass. Direct sunlight without anything blocking it is always best, but I'm sure he'd enjoy the warmth of the sunshine :)

Oh don't get me wrong I have a harness for him and he still gets outside pretty often. But I was just curious for those days that we can't get outside.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've found that they tend to like sitting in the window and looking outside even if the window is closed and no UVB comes through. I set up a small dog bed in the window sill so my guy can sit and look out when he can't go outside.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sure, letting him sit in the window is perfectly fine! :D
A lot of them love looking out the window, plus, even though they don't get UVB through the glass, the radiant heat is good for them & can really perk them up too with the brightness.

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
CooperDragon":3dxwf47c said:
I've found that they tend to like sitting in the window and looking outside even if the window is closed and no UVB comes through. I set up a small dog bed in the window sill so my guy can sit and look out when he can't go outside.

Yep Rex loves looking out the window , watching the world , watching the wild birds and wild skinks who I've seen come to window (other side of the glass and study her). She even looks under the blind at night time sometimes especially if she hears people outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom