Sunken eyes, not eating, dark beard ~URGENT~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
No, supers are not a healthy food. Occasional treats are fine, but they are hard to digest and are too fatty. Feeding them frequently can cause fatty livers...hopefully that isn't the source of the problem. Symptoms are so vague its really hard to say exactly what is going on. Still trying to work through this to figure it out.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Supers are fine fed as a staple, but also with other insects, too. Mix them up with crickets, silkworms or hornworms, for variety.
The Reptisun 10 that you have, is that a long tube bulb or a compact/coil light?

Tracie

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
its a long tube one, had it replaced a few months ago, 3? so it should still be working fine

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
may i just get a confirmation on her temperature? is 90-95 for her basking, and 80-90 in her cool end good?

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
temp gun
update: just saw her head twitching for a couple seconds then it stopped...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The basking temperatures should be in a range of 95-110 & 78-82 on the cool side.
How is he doing this evening?
Sure, staples are insects fed regularly. I have been feeding supers regularly but mix them up with other feeders for balance.
The Reptisun 10 should be fine only being 3 months old. You can have it at a 6-8 inch range/distance from your dragon. The twitching sounds like a calcium issue perhaps. You could increase the calcium intake to see if that helps with the twitching.

Let us know how she is doing. I am happy you got some sweet potatoes into her, did she like them?

Tracie

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
she didn't seem to mind the sweet potatoes. am i able to mix the calcium in with the potatoes?
should i use calcium every feeding until the vet appointment?
if vet does say she has Metabolic Bone Disease, is it curable?

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
It's my understanding that MBD is curable with calcium supplements and good UVB light, just as long as it hasn't gone on long enough to cause bone deformities. It's good that you're getting her to the vet soon.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
This is why we stress good uvb and, proper temps and good gradient temps. They won't eat if they can't digest it and they can't pull the nutrients(calcium and vitamins) out, without proper basking temps.

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
oh, okay, my bad.
do you think mixing some of her calcium and baby food would be fine?
thanks again everyone for the help.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, you can mix a small pinch of calcium in with the babyfood, make sure to stir it thoroughly. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom