Sunken eyes, not eating, dark beard ~URGENT~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koggle

Hatchling Member
past few days my beardie has refused to eat anything,has sunken eyes and has had a black beard. she has gone to the washroom as normal, and has been drinking.
eats superworms
around a year and a half old
reptisun 10.00, got a new one two months ago
temps seem to be good

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The black beard and sunken eyes aren't a good sign. Can you get her to an experienced reptile vet for a checkup? In the meantime I suggest you continue offering drops of warm water on her nose for her to lick up and get some extra hydration. The black beard means she's in distress so I'd hurry her to a vet if you can.

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i won't be able to book a vet visit until tuesday :(
heres a few pictures i forgot to attach
http://imgur.com/a/zk5iu
is there anything i can do to help her? i saw another post where the persons beardie had similar symptoms to what mine had, and their beardie passed away a few weeks later. im really scared for her

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She is a bit dehydrated.
As suggested, definitely get some oral fluids into her along with baby food of some type such as chicken or turkey with sweet potatoes or squash. Just use a plastic dropper or syringe to drip onto her nose. She should like the flavor of it, too.
Keep her around 80 or so in her tank overnight to help boost the immune system.
How many superworms did she have?
Could they have upset her tummy or were they bad possibly?
What type of thermometer are you using to measure the temperatures?

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i've been getting her plenty of fluids.
i've had her on superworms as a staple since i've visited multiple websites saying that is fine, but have recently been told that they're supposed to be more of a treat? she has been on the superworms for months now, before she was on crickets but she stopped eating them. i guess i just got her addicted to the taste of the worms and only wanted those? i'm using a thermal thermometer.
the cool end is around 70-80, while the basking is around 90-110.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Superworms in themselves won't cause sudden illness unless she ate too many at once. How many did she eat in one feeding ?

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
she would have around 7 a day, also, today her urate was a medium yellow colour

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Did you get any fluids in the dragon?
Does it still appear distressed indicated by the dark markings?

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i've been able to get her to drink a lot of water, and she still seems distressed with the dark markings.
i wont be able to book her appointment until tuesday, but i am just worried that it might be too late by then

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
a few moments ago, right as she was finishing some babyfood/water, her one hind extended and started to twitch. this is the first time it has ever happend with her, and it only lasted a few seconds?

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ReptiSun 10.00, rep-cal with vit.d3, comes with a pink label. around once a week.
booking a vet appointment on tuesday, closed on weekend+monday, and i will most likely be able to get her in on that day. i dont think i've seen any signs of mbd until the twitch just now.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Yeah, totally familiar with Repcal. You should dust the food more often with calcium. Some people say every feeding, but I do it every other day. The twitching may be a bit of calcium deficiency.

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
would you say superworms as a staple is okay? i've seen some say thats fine, but others saying they are just a treat? once she starts eating her normal food again, im gonna dust them 3 times a week with calcium, and vitamins once a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom