sunblock

Status
Not open for further replies.

rissa

hey guys,

I go tanning alot and was thinking about bringing my beardie with me , but if he licks me with my banana boat on will he get sick? He's just a baby ha so i worry alot.. :roll:

rissa

Original Poster
woa what happend??? I had his homemade leash on and he was trying to run off the bench we were laying on so i picked him back up and while i was trying to pull the second loop back up to his shoulders his tummy puffed up like a balloon! So i panicked and loosed it up and off of him and his body went back to normal. Could it be that the leash was blocking his respritory tracks?? When he puffed up i guessed he couldnt relase any air so it made him balloon but that was scary! i really didnt expect him to do anything like that :(
( i was using the DIY version of homemade leash with the two loops that have one going over his head and stops above shoulders and the other right beneath his shoulders)

Jessd123

he was probably just irritated from a foreign object keeping him from running. i dont know how tight u had it so just be cautious when u put it on and make sure it isnt too tight, just make sure he's breathing good after u put it on, my beardie puffs his belly and beard when he is irritated alot, especially while shedding. u'll notice when he gets older he will do it alot more when growing.but just make sure the leash isnt too tight and he should be just fine, and also im not totally sure about the sunblock. i know u cant make them not lick, but.. in that case i would just be careful because even if humans injest sunblock it could make them sick.. however im sure a little bit wouldnt hurt, but im not a herp vet so im not totally sure. but the belly thing is completely normal. so dont worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom