Sudden loss of front legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It sounds like she was pouting possibly or just adjusting to being moved to a different tank right now.
So she did climb a little then? Well, then she must not be hurting too badly if she used her front arms a little bit. No, it is pretty doubtful that she would climb using only her back legs, up a log!
Did she like her banana? LOL
Syringe or dropper feeding a dragon is just like feeding a baby I think, though, we do not have kids. They will get food all over their face, mouths & beards & probably you also! You can try wedging the mouth open, pulling the beard method, or just dripping food onto the end of her snout until she starts licking the food.
I hope she is doing better today!
Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

Canvasrox

Original Poster
She's 13.5 inches long - not quite a year old.

I made a slurry of banana and water & calcium powder (just a smidge) and she ate a bit of that.

And thank you SO MUCH for the video! Extremely helpful!

She's not using her left arm much at all - and still shaky with the right. Mostly she loves hangin' out with her mamma. :D

I'll get some baby food today, and see how she does. I'm keeping her in the 10 gal tank until she gets better -

Thank you ALL for your help - I'll keep ya posted!

Hugs,
Roxanne

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Roxanne,

That is great she is doing really well now!
That is good she did eat the banana & calcium slurry then. I bet it was messy. Maybe she will like the babyfood, too. They usually tend to like it most of the times.
She should get better fairly quickly being in a smaller tank now, where she can relax.

Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
I asked on overall length as I noticed the meal/superworm in the enclosure. Advice I was given in the past was to not feed superworms until the dragon was 16+ inches in overall length. At this stage in growth the dragons intestinal tract outgrows a natural kink. Feeding these feeders before the dragon has undergone this change has a greater risk of impaction.

Some information on the differences between superworms an dmealworms ---->

http://tastyworms.com/blog/superworms-vs-mealworms-what-difference

:wink:

DNADragons

Hatchling Member
I have seen this in a dragon that was normal and after breeding her front arms became paralyzed. After the eggs developed she started to sieze a died. I'm assuming it is a vitamins deficiency though I was unable to reverse with supplementing and vet reports where inconclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom