Sudden Hyperness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracawyn

My beardie has always been pretty mellow (decently active as far as chasing crickets and splashing in the tub but otherwise her favorite pastimes are placidly basking or curled up napping in her cave), but today, out of the blue, she started running haphazardly through her terrarium. Knocking over rocks and rearranging scenery, burrowing into nooks and crannies I didn't realize were there, splashing in her water dish, and clawing at the walls. None of her colouring implies that she's stressed. Her belly and beard have both stayed creamy white all day.

I let her out a couple times, worried that she was suddenly feeling confined (it's a 40 gallon tank) and she would sprint circles around for a while then start clawing at her tank stand like she wanted to go back in and bask.

Then, for the first time I'd ever seen her do it, she started head bobbing. (When she was little she would regularly do the arm wave at just about everything.) No beard puffing or anything, just the head bobbing. She's done it several more times since then but mostly just continues to vault around the cage like she'd been living off Red Bull and Mountain Dew.

Nothing has changed in her environment and I haven't given her any new foods or anything. She's a little over a year old. Is it currently mating season or something? Or has my lizard simply lost her mind.

Dracawyn

Original Poster
Never mind. I think she's just gravid.

(My previous beardie was a boy so I had never encountered this before :D )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom