sudden change in mood

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoeseG

im kinda worried my babygirl is around a year and a couple months and shes would love to pig out on crickets dubias silkworms hornworms but now she stop if i throw in some dubias they stay in there for days she dosent want to eat her greens hides in her cave all day only comes out if i bring her out. anyone have a clue what she might be going threw she has proper lighting andall that just a drastic change.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm sorry to hear about the lack of appetite. Were her poops very stinky? It could be parasites, so would need meds from a vet.
The other question I had was: when was the last time you changed your UVB light & what type is it?
What are her basking temps and what are you using to measure them (what type of thermometer).

After those questions are answered I'll have a better idea of what it might be. Where are you located? At this time of year, alot of beardies (including two of mine) are going through what I call winter slow-down and aren't eating. It usually affects beardies because the weather is changing towards spring, not all are affected though. I have 5 adult males and 2 have been affected. One I have to feed by hand and the other I have been giving babyfood (chicken w/veggies and butternut squash) adding Carnivore Care to the butternut squash. That is working for now and hopefully, with spring close, they will be eating on their own soon.

I wish I had other ideas about your beardie, it's always upsetting when they stop their usual behaviour, especially eating.
Please get back to me with your answers & we'll try to figure out what could be wrong.
Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom