Success!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arpooch

I'm so happy. My baby bearded dragon has been pretty skiddish, and I haven't really been able to hold him a lot.

But after a lot of hard work and lots of handling I finally got him to cuddle with me! He is sleeping like a baby cuddled up in my sweatshirt now. :)

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
great! its frustrating how long it takes for them to settle down but once they do they become the biggest cuddle bugs :D

BindiBoo

Hatchling Member
Nice job! It took a week and half until Bindi would cuddle with me, now she will throw fits if shes not with the rest of us, so we have to take her out or her belly turns all dark. She loves sitting in hoodie pockets and just watching everything.

jirish617

Hatchling Member
how long did it take?

Im getting my first in a few weeks, and I am almost nervous about how long it might take to get him comfortable with me, I cant wait till the day I get that breakthrough and I haven't even gotten one yet!

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
I know I'm not the OP, but here's how it worked for me.

Wave came from a breeder, so had been handled all her life.

The first couple of days, she let me handle her, no problem. Apparently, that's quite normal.

After that, she started running away. That went on for about two weeks - I had to chase her around the cage to get her to let me hold her. I tried to pet her in the cage as often as possible. She still ran. I forced her to put up with me, as much as it stressed us both out. :wink:

After those two weeks, she started to "put up with" my picking her up - no longer running, but she never seemed terribly relaxed. If we went for playtime, she usually wanted to explore, not stay with me. We take her out for a walk every day - with the dog - and she started to recognize her carrier and get excited when she saw it. She would also eat out of my hand from that point.

Just a few days ago, she started to decide to stick with me when we go for playtime. She's been hanging out most of the time on my head.

Today, for the very first time:

51111-Wave1.jpg

I've had her for a month and a week. :)

She's still shy - she doesn't like unfamiliar people much - but she was born with that shyness. I was warned she was a little shy before she came to live with us.

BindiBoo

Hatchling Member
I waited a week till i started handling her, half a week later she jumped into my hand and started snuggling with me. I got herfrom Petsmart, but im not sure if all beardies are that comfortable with people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom